Online Reputation Management (ORM) is an SEO strategy to improve your company’s perception on the 1st page of the search results for branded keywords.
ORM is invaluable since more trust means all channels convert better, so Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) improves too. These reviews also help with ranking on massive platforms like Yelp or Google’s local map pack themselves.
I feel that ORM is the single most effective strategy a local business can pursue. Here are steps to get started…
- Gather reviews at the right time, distributing them across your most important listings. Software like Yotpo or BirdEye can help to manage this.
- Respond briefly to all reviews, good or bad.
- Monitor the 1st page of the SERPs for important branded keywords (*company* reviews), noting both positive and negative results. Creating new listings or performing SEO for existing pages suppress poor results. Software like SERPWoo can monitor this effort.
- Increase your search engine real estate through regular Twitter updates, a complete GMB listing, branded YouTube videos, & structured data.
- A branded paid search campaign occupies more search engine real estate. With positive seller ratings, this is even more powerful.