Last week, Apple updated their documentation for Applebot, the web crawler used by programs like Siri, mentioning the ranking factors below:
- Aggregated user engagement with search results
- Relevancy and matching of search terms to webpage topics and content
- Number and quality of links from other pages on the web
- User location based signals (approximate data)
- Webpage design characteristics
Apple’s dominance within search is like Michael Jordan playing baseball; this isn’t the next Bo Jackson! (Showing my age here. 😭)
Nonetheless, information about any search engine helps us to understand all search engines… especially Google. In this regard, these ranking factors provide an exceptional list on what to prioritize for SEO.