- Fixing one-off broken links, especially on pages with little traffic, is labor better spent elsewhere.
- Never consider keywords on pages lacking competitive search intent like ‘About Us.’ For the rare cases they show in results, focus on usability.
- Updating backlinks for keywords in anchor text may have them discounted by search engines. It looks manipulative. Apply best practices to earn ideal links in the first place.
- Don’t relentlessly improve Core Web Vitals when actual speed is good.
- Avoid whatever makes copy less compelling through an unnatural keyword focus.
Finally, any SEO can criticize another professional’s work… it’s about prioritization!