Thank You Pages (TYPs) are redirected webpages that show after completing a form. Sometimes a text message will display instead, often just thanking you for your submission. TYPs have several advantages though that make them worthwhile…
- TYPs allow an easy setup for destination-based goal tracking in Google Analytics, though this is cruder than event tracking via Google Tag Manager.
- TYPs provide a clear receipt confirmation, especially since emails may get buried or enter spam folders. You could also request they whitelist your address.
- TYPs can cross or up-sell related products & services, nurturing them along the buyer’s journey.
- TYPs could show a positive reputation through case studies, testimonials, reviews, and other social proof, along with a request to follow your company through social platforms.
- TYPs can share great content such as popular blog or forum posts.
You can also experiment say by requesting a referral, with a generous bonus, if done right then.
In the end, TYPs allow more customer engagement when reaching what’s otherwise a clear exit point, so give them a try to improve your CRO.