Quick SEO tip: link from your homepage’s body to your site’s most important pages.
- The homepage usually accumulates the most backlinks, so internally linking then spreads its link equity to other pages.
- Google discounts links from the header & footer, favoring those in the primary content for passing link equity.
- Users often engage with the homepage, boosting traffic to other pages that may not occur from the navigation menu alone.
- New pages are found quickly here because search engines prioritize the homepage, which especially helps promising yet undiscovered content.
- It reduces click depth, or the # of clicks to reach a page from your home, which emphasizes their importance to search engines.
If you are a multi-location business relying on local SEO, link to your office location or “city” pages.
These should be your best lead generators, due to relevancy for both non-branded keywords (ex: Solar Installer) and the searcher’s location (ex: Salt Lake City).
Other pages are reached mostly by those aware of your company already!