Though difficult to pinpoint & quantify, the concept of Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness (E-A-T) influences keyword rankings for your pages. This applies especially to Your Money or Your Life (YMYL) websites, or those involving health & wealth.
How do you align content with E-A-T? In truth, no one knows for sure. Google sources have provided some clues while confirming possibilities from SEO thought leaders:
- Earn brand mentions or links from major sites like Wikipedia, even if nofollow. For example, you could syndicate press releases that get picked up by large news sites, regardless of direct SEO value.
- Outbound link to scientific references, like on PubMed, supporting your claims.
- Have experts, each with their own page showcasing credentials, linked to within your content.
- Focus on a keyword theme or niche to develop topical authority.
- Earn positive reviews on external sites relevant to your location & industry.
Notice the focus on defining brands or people, known as entities, and then enhancing their reputation. This can be as simple as showcasing their pages, internally & externally, whenever possible. Suggestion: create robust About Us & author pages internally alongside a good elevator pitch for external use.